Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Offtopic Mayhem (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  Warcraft3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warcraft3  (Read 4455 times)
pyro
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2004, 05:02:55 AM »

I can't wait for WOW to come out I think i'll be playing as undead or orc, that really sucks that you get allociated a server. There were some people developing a emulator server for the beta game I think, tho recently blizzard's been putting there foot down on them.

Edit: after watching that video im not to sure any more LOL.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 05:42:54 AM by pyro » Logged

unfortunately my blanket burned up in the sheer heat that is Pyro leaving me exposed to the untold terror's that is the internet
p
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2004, 05:19:24 PM »

I too will be playing some WoW as the undead.  if you wan't, i'll let you be my sidekick.  I will stand in the back and cast magic (and dance a little too!) while you go attack the monsters.

PS.  My roomate said that it is untrue that you are assigned a server.  You're just not allowed to connect to servers outside of the country.
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2004, 04:12:14 AM »

My sister says that your room mate is wrong.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...5040#post385040

pyro
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2004, 04:42:21 AM »

I too will be playing some WoW as the undead. if you wan't, i'll let you be my sidekick. I will stand in the back and cast magic (and dance a little too!) while you go attack the monsters.

Alright but fighting makes me thirsty I'll need lots of beer.

unfortunately my blanket burned up in the sheer heat that is Pyro leaving me exposed to the untold terror's that is the internet
p
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2004, 07:12:01 PM »

Alright but fighting makes me thirsty I'll need lots of beer.
Hmm, I was picturing you more of a roadie more than a sidekick Smiley  in which case, you'd have to get the beer, and bring back some for me too...

Swift:  that link just re-stated what my roomate claims. Look:

"Will you be restricting North America based on region, also?

As with Europe and Asia, North American players will be restricted to North American servers. Because there are two locations to service players in North America, we will recommend that players there connect to the North American server that is closest to their particular home region for the optimum online experience. "

So they only recommend a local server, but don't enforce it.  They only enforce regions.  This is consistant with the current beta which allows you to connect to any server in any time zone in the states.  In fact, I have 5 characters created in all different zones.  Considering that the game will be released in less than a week, I doubt they will change this.

Sucks that I can't play with my friends in Canada though Sad

The beta has been fun so far.  I made friends with 4 people in less than 2 days.  We hang out and do quests together Smiley.  It's wierd actually.  This is my first MMO experience.  I thought it would be boring, but I prefer it to most other games.  
pyro
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2004, 05:15:20 AM »

A roadie? does that mean we follow you around, help out in battles ect... *pours himself a beer and drinks it* I'll have to think about that im not used to being the one getting beer.

Im not even sure if wow is coming to New Zealand and if so what region would be allociated to us most likely asia I think.

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2004, 07:37:41 AM »

I didn't mean specific servers. I meant servers in the region that you're restricted to. Also,

You're just not allowed to connect to servers outside of the country.

is not true, since not all countries have servers, and places like Europe are not countries.

Louisiana Night
Squire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2004, 05:30:08 PM »

Im not even sure if wow is coming to New Zealand

It's supposed to be released in New Zealand, at the same time as US and Australia(I think it's in their FAQ somewhere).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 05:30:47 PM by Louisiana Night » Logged

The Silver Lining

Jafar the Greenie human, had a very shiney skin. and if you evver saw it, you would even say it glows! like a light bulb!

-quote from SorceressSwift
p
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2004, 05:34:09 PM »

is not true, since not all countries have servers, and places like Europe are not countries.

Smiley  Now you're trying to get me on semantics.  In my quote I said "the country": referring to THE country, or the USA to be precise Wink.  In that case, what I said is true. Tongue  I guess I gotta stop assuming that everyone lives in america like they should be.

Though New Zealand wouldn't be bad I guess.  But I tell ya what, it will greatly suck not having a roadie.  Maybe swift could be my roadie.  You live in america right? RIGHT??   Maybe I will bring the beer, but don't expect anything else!
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2004, 08:33:54 PM »

Now would I be complaining about the servers if I lived in America? I live in the Asia region. Singapore, to be precise, and no, it's not in China. So, as much as I would like to be your roadie, Phat, I can't. Sad

pyro
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2004, 06:14:38 AM »

If WOW comes here and if im correct and NZ is in the Asia zone then maybe Swift you could me my roadie, or would it be the other way around. In any case some one should explain the meaning of 'roadie' to me because all I've got is educated gueses.

p.s. Swift your from singapore I would have never guessed.

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2004, 08:07:40 AM »

Where did you think I come from?

pyro
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2004, 06:02:15 AM »

Im not to sure, but not asia, africa or europe well maybe some european countries. Just based on how well your english seems to be.

I just found out wow is coming here can't wait.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 06:03:42 AM by pyro » Logged

Louisiana Night
Squire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2004, 08:25:55 PM »

I listened to your MP3(or whatever format it was) in the AGDI forums a while back.

Your accent had me confused(I decided you had a British accent, with a very unique voice). Tongue

Didn't think about Singapore :embarrassedsmiley:

The Silver Lining

Jafar the Greenie human, had a very shiney skin. and if you evver saw it, you would even say it glows! like a light bulb!

-quote from SorceressSwift
Strangerx
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2004, 12:08:33 AM »

is there any way to fool the servers on ur location??

ip adresses or such..??

i new to techie language..

i like all the races in the game except mabe for the trolls..

i think i would be in the minority but i will go with dwarves
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: