Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Offtopic Mayhem (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  Quest for Glory 1 Module
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quest for Glory 1 Module  (Read 3865 times)
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2005, 12:26:47 AM »

QFG1 NWN Module

While searching for modules to play, I stumbled across one of particular interest to us all. Behold! A neverwinter nights module on QFG1!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 12:28:19 AM by Corsair5 » Logged

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 02:18:26 AM »

A few years ago, someone had announced his newly created nwn module based on qfg1 in the old forums. That topic has since disappeared along with the archives, so thanks for posting the link, Corsair. Smiley

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 05:11:12 AM »

My pleasure.  

Reish Vedaur
Plot Team
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 05:22:20 AM »

Yeah, I found that once before.  They were trying to make a QfG1 mod for Morrowind but there's no telling where that's at now.

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 05:50:05 AM »

That's gone now. I really would have liked to see the Morrowind mod. It was easier to make because Morrowind has a similar level system as QFG.

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 05:59:32 AM »

Easier and harder at the same time, Morrowind was a lot more complicated.

Reish Vedaur
Plot Team
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 08:00:17 AM »

I've had a few chats with Morrowind modders back when I was trying to learn (that fell through).  They said the game was moddable as long as you didn't try anything that changed its dynamics, so whatever the Morrowind mod did would have to be almost entirely superficial.

For instance, you CAN have locational sound, you CAN make a new FMV, and you CAN change a corpse into a movable body (a la the Thief games), but it's a TON of work and STILL very limited.

Louisiana Night
Squire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 07:01:45 AM »

*taps Reish on the shoulder*

You started becoming inaccurate after
as long as you didn't try anything that changed its dynamics
That part is true( just trying to make a modern gun in  the game, makes that quite clear ).

you CAN have locational sound
With ease.

you CAN make a new FMV
If you can make it in the correct format, I don't see why you'd have trouble doing it( though I've never tried this one ).

you CAN change a corpse into a movable body
Making the 3D graphics work together would be a tad tricky( odds are the body would end up partly inside the player character, unless you really knew what you were doing... which is the tricky part ), but quite doable.

but it's a TON of work and STILL very limited.

Limited I'll agree with( but considering the ease of use... it seems like a fair trade to me ), but not so much the "ton of work"( minus doing something insane, like the Morrowind multiplayer mod, almost everything is easy to do... by comparison to most games with mod tools ).

and unless you have the actual source( which very few companies release with the game ), you are going to have a considerable limit to what you can do.

Now that I've said my peace( which may have it's own inaccuracies, but I'll let someone that's tried the FMV thing decide that )...
*returns to the shadows*

The Silver Lining

Jafar the Greenie human, had a very shiney skin. and if you evver saw it, you would even say it glows! like a light bulb!

-quote from SorceressSwift
Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 07:11:37 AM »

Actually, you COULD add a gun to the game. Provided you know some scripting and modeling, you could make the animation and you could make a crossbow that looks like gun.

Also, the dead body part would be hard because you'd have to change the physical engine to allow ragdolls.

Reish Vedaur
Plot Team
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 07:16:59 AM »

Well, I never did claim any expertise in Morrowind modding; I could never get into the toolset too far, having been exposed for too long to modding the Q3 engine.  I made one mod that fixed the glitch where identical sounds would play on top of each other making them become up to 4x as loud, and added some range to the sounds whenever they played so that they were less monotonous.  But that was miniscuel and took about 20 minutes grand total lol.

Most of my info comes from talking to a real pro about modding, and that was long ago so my info may be wrong.  He made a mod that added a room where you could knock out a guard with a blackjack and carry his body around as an inventory item, but he said you have to have the appropriate script added to every single room, NPC, and the weapon (which in my mind says you can't do it out on the world map, only indoors).

It also played a song when you entered the room that overwrote the current song being played by Morrowind (albeit very loudly), so when I said locational sound that's what I meant and used the wrong term.

Anyway, enough of that ^^;

------------------------

(Second post)

Actually, you COULD add a gun to the game. Provided you know some scripting and modeling, you could make the animation and you could make a crossbow that looks like gun.

Also, the dead body part would be hard because you'd have to change the physical engine to allow ragdolls.
There was a mod that added a KAR98k if I recall, and I tried working out what would have to be done to make that work properly and it wouldn't be too terribly difficult if you had the patience (and the models/animations).

Why would you need ragdoll?  Just put the body in your inventory.  When they become unconcious they use the same animation as they ever do when they get knocked out or killed.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 01:09:15 PM by Swift » Logged

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 09:15:51 AM »

Ragdolls for *actual corpse carrying* so that the limbs don't end up in your character's shoulders.

And also, whoever didn't enjoy throwing bodies down stairs and such in Thief, just raise your hands and I won't believe you.

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 01:10:12 PM »

Reish, please don't double-post. Use the edit button. Thanks.

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 03:53:11 PM »

I enjoyed hurling unconscious bodies into rivers in Thief 3: Deadly Shadows and hearing them scream and die.

Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 04:10:27 PM »

You can stop trying to prove that you're demented. You use ICQ, and thats all the proof I need! Cheeky wink  

Jarada Knight: The Honorable Marshmallow
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2005, 04:25:29 PM »

No, I don't.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: