Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Offtopic Mayhem (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  Adventure Game Design Contest!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adventure Game Design Contest!  (Read 967 times)
PHattiE
Administrator
Hero

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2006, 06:59:42 PM »

For all those interested:  I am starting an adventure game design contest

This contest was started for a number of reasons:

1- To see if 2 weeks is enough time to create an adventure game, assuming the hard parts were done for you (no art, programming, or music required)
2- A lot of people have expressed interest in starting their own adventure game project, but don't know how to start one.  IMO, the best way is to actually create your game in a sort of "proof of concept".  This contest will give you that proof.
3- After having a conversation with JustLuke, I've realized some complexties in adventure game design such as: Finding a balance between keeping the player within the game's storyline, and exhausting energy to allow the player to go off on a tangent in the name of "player freedom".  It will be interesting to see how people handle this (and other) problems.
4- I was probably subliminally inspired by the Bioware contest Swift posted Wink

Anyway, the contest is going to be handled on an idependant forum so that we don't get any bias.  Please put the word out at any adventure game websites you know of!

www.youngwritersforum.net (visit the "Contests" forum, or click the link to be directed there)

Thanks

phats

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 01:47:44 AM »

If you have any questions about the contest, don't hesistate to ask.

PhattiE, please check your pm. Thanks.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: